Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Todays Devotion

Today I skipped around and read many different passages but the mass of them are from Psalms 135, 136,137, 138 and 139. Yes I realize that is a lot of reading but I will have them on here for you so that you can allow God to speak to in through these verses. He may speak to you the same way he did me or it could be something totally different. I look forward to your comments and how this has helped you if your life.

To Begin lets take a look at Psalm 135:
Hallelujah! Praise the name of God,
praise the works of God.
All you priests on duty in God's temple,
serving in the sacred halls of our God,
Shout "Hallelujah!" because God's so good,
sing anthems to his beautiful name.
And why? Because God chose Jacob,
embraced Israel as a prize possession.

5-12 I, too, give witness to the greatness of God,
our Lord, high above all other gods.
He does just as he pleases—
however, wherever, whenever.
He makes the weather—clouds and thunder,
lightning and rain, wind pouring out of the north.
He struck down the Egyptian firstborn,
both human and animal firstborn.
He made Egypt sit up and take notice,
confronted Pharaoh and his servants with miracles.
Yes, he struck down great nations,
he slew mighty kings—
Sihon king of the Amorites, also Og of Bashan—
every last one of the Canaanite kings!
Then he turned their land over to Israel,
a gift of good land to his people.

13-18 God, your name is eternal,
God, you'll never be out-of-date.
God stands up for his people,
God holds the hands of his people.
The gods of the godless nations are mere trinkets,
made for quick sale in the markets:
Chiseled mouths that can't talk,
painted eyes that can't see,
Carved ears that can't hear—
dead wood! cold metal!
Those who make and trust them
become like them.

19-21 Family of Israel, bless God!
Family of Aaron, bless God!
Family of Levi, bless God!
You who fear God, bless God!
Oh, blessed be God of Zion,
First Citizen of Jerusalem!
Hallelujah!
My favorite part of all these verses is 13-18.
This spoke to me in different ways. We all know that God's name is eternal and will never be out of date. This to me means that when I go to him and call upon him no matter where I am HE is there. And he will not tell me "Oh Sorry I'm not working today come back tomorrow."
It then talks about God stands up for his people and not only that but he holds His people's hands!!!! Did you hear me?? This is awesome! At no point it doesn't matter how bad the situation is or if it the death of someone or a big decision to be made....GOD.....hear me again our wonderful GOD is there standing UP for his people and holding our hands through it!!!! How loving of a God do we serve that would doing way more important things in order to stand up with me and hold my hand! WE ARE NEVER ALONE!!! If you are feeling alone or lost call on our mighty God and he will STAND UP for you and HOLD your hand!!!! Praise God!
Then it goes on to talk about the gods of the godless nations are only mere trinkets. They have a great deal of work put into these trinkets but they can NOT talk, they can not see, they can not hear! They are nothing more than either wood or metal! I love how it says that those who love and trust these trinkets will become just like them....think about that....I may be totally far fetched but I take it a little different. Let say you have this person who has their own thoughts, desires, wants but then they begin investing their time into some new religion more or less an occult....They too will become mindless. They will not be able to talk, see or hear anything past what they have been sucked into....This BREAKS my heart!!!!

Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits.
Thank the God of all gods,
His love never quits.
Thank the Lord of all lords.
His love never quits.

4-22 Thank the miracle-working God,
His love never quits.
The God whose skill formed the cosmos,
His love never quits.
The God who laid out earth on ocean foundations,
His love never quits.
The God who filled the skies with light,
His love never quits.
The sun to watch over the day,
His love never quits.
Moon and stars as guardians of the night,
His love never quits.
The God who struck down the Egyptian firstborn,
His love never quits.
And rescued Israel from Egypt's oppression,
His love never quits.
Took Israel in hand with his powerful hand,
His love never quits.
Split the Red Sea right in half,
His love never quits.
Led Israel right through the middle,
His love never quits.
Dumped Pharaoh and his army in the sea,
His love never quits.
The God who marched his people through the desert,
His love never quits.
Smashed huge kingdoms right and left,
His love never quits.
Struck down the famous kings,
His love never quits.
Struck Sihon the Amorite king,
His love never quits.
Struck Og the Bashanite king,
His love never quits.
Then distributed their land as booty,
His love never quits.
Handed the land over to Israel.
His love never quits.

23-26 God remembered us when we were down,
His love never quits.
Rescued us from the trampling boot,
His love never quits.
Takes care of everyone in time of need.
His love never quits.
Thank God, who did it all!
His love never quits!

Again I love this passage because all it does is remind us of all God does to show his love to his children.
I especially love this ending....GOD REMEMBERS US WHEN WE ARE DONE....HIS LOVE NEVER QUITS. It doesn't matter how bad of day you are having or how big of a pickle you are God remembers us when we are down and guess what even if we are down and confused HS LOVE NEVER QUITS!!!! So for those of us that are down in the dumps, or hurting God is there and his wonderful gracious love NEVER QUITS!

I know we hear these scriptures probably quite a bit but I know as a stay home mom these are where I go for comfort. When I am feeling lonely I know that my God is there holding my hand. I know that in my days of trouble that my God is right there to stand by and that his love NEVER ends! I hope that everyone reading this knows this for themselves as well.

Lastly I am deciding whether or not to do some blogs on purity both with those awaiting their betrothed and for those of us who are maried. Or I can do How to be his Help Meet which will be good for all women.....Let me know which one you are wanting to learn more about or join devotion.

Pray Requests for tonight especially since I forgot last night:
Please be in prayer for youth going to Jamaica for missions trip pray that not only peopled would come to know him and people would be healed but that our people would come back changed as well.
Lauren Brown 15 yr old recently diagnosed with cancer. We know our God is the God of healing and we are believing a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment